Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stripped

A friend of mine, wrote a poem called Stripped. I modelled this one on the same lines as her.
You can check out the original here.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stripped
[03IV07]
-----------------------------------------------------------


Stripping my masks off,
slowly, painfully.
The destruction left me,
vulnerable completely.

Now I stand naked,
before the window, dark.
Raping fingers of the wind,
leave me searched and stark.

I call upon you,
to gather strength and reach out.
Hold my trembling self,
and leave me without a doubt.

Defenceless, I am strong.
I know, I will withstand the shame.
So strip off your masks and come,
and let me see the one, behind your name.


-----------------------------------------------------------

No comments: